AMIGA project for helping migrants from Ukraine
AMIGA helps migrants, with a special focus on psychological assistance for Ukrainian refugees and all those, who help them.
1. Psychological assistance to refugees from Ukraine.
For people, who are fleeing war, we provide first aid in their native language and organize support groups for volunteer psychologists at the place of residence and in information / humanitarian centers, schools and various informal meetings.
To help with adaptation, we organize group meetings for children and adults in our community center in AMIGA.
See the latest announcements of events in the CALENDAR
2. For volunteer psychologists.
We create a professional community of psychologists/coaches/art therapists and support them:
- in the process of nostrification of education,
- organize regular curatorial groups,
- educational seminars and Czech language courses,
- We offer mutual professional contacts, so that they can work in the Czech Republic without any restrictions and can improve their skills.
3. For Organizations and Colleagues in the Helping Professions
We have created a base of Ukrainian- or Russian-speaking psychologists, psychotherapists, art therapists who are able and willing to work with refugees from Ukraine as volunteers.
Our work is now aimed at uniting the efforts of all participants in the process and further coordinating the interaction between non-profit organizations, public associations, government agencies and the refugees themselves in the provision of psychological assistance.
At the request of the organizers, we send volunteer psychologists to where they are needed and organize group meetings for support and adaptation.
And we are talking not only about individual and group consultations for refugees, but also about emergency assistance for volunteers working with them, social and intercultural workers.